"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

progress report

Six months of kindergarten. I've dropped him off at the bus and picked him up at noon each day.


This week, Grant came running out of the school at release time, barreling down the sidewalk with the other excited kindergartners. Seeing my car waiting in the pick-up line, he ran straight to the door. His hand pulled the lever and with the door halfway open, he turned and waved with all his might to the group of kids behind him.

I heard him yell at the top of is voice, "Goodbye guys, goodbye!!!" and then he turned and clamored into the back seat. Seat belts fastened and pulling away from the curb, I began our after school small talk:

"How was school?" I ask.
"Great!" he exclaims.
"Were those your friends?" says I.
"Yes!" he answers.
"What are your friends names?" I counter.
He replies, "I don't know ... but I sure love those guys!"

Six months of kindergarten.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME. He's so SO adorable. Who needs names, anyway?

    ReplyDelete