"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

all work and all play

These guys can really clean a house from top to bottom. Yesterday we had our Dad home for a rare day off and I was recalling my own father's Saturday morning cleaning brigades. We would move along cleaning each room as he followed behind with the vaccuum. And these kids, along with their dad, put our house back in order all morning yesterday. As a reward, he took our family on an afternoon outing to swim at the recreation center.


Then we did a little bowling. And though I'm not allowed to say by how much **cough**cough**, I beat everyone (and I mean everyone -- including dads). Celia, as you can see, wasn't too thrilled with the scores -- or maybe it was the victory dance I was doing.


I love having fun together as a reward for hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment