"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, February 25, 2010

feeling olympic

To commemorate the Olympics, the school put on a musical performance having each class dress as differing countries and sing songs from their origins. And though we haven't seen a stitch of Olympic coverage this year, it still put us in the spirit of things. I couldn't let it go without mention because I had a really good time watching each of them perform and find it so entertaining to see their individual personalities shine through on stage and with their friends. Not to mention, I myself had a great time sitting with some really good friends whom I always leave feeling amazed by. There's nothing like great friends!

Janie sang Australian songs as a girl from the Outback


Annie's class had an Asian theme


I know you all love quotes from my dad, so here goes. He always said that in his own mind, his personal version of Satan's Hell would entail being forced to sit on a hard chair in an overly hot elementary school gym whilst being forced to listen to kids sing "God Bless Amurica" in a deeply hick accent for hours on end. (Sorry Iotla Elementary, I hold those memories fondly, it's just that he had 9 children. Multiply those musical programs.) I say this because by the looks of Christian's face in these pictures, he thinks Granddaddy is right.


Ah, good times at Franktown Elementary!

No comments:

Post a Comment