"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, February 18, 2010

mancation

I'm always excited when Newel gets to go on his mancation each year with his buddies. He comes home so relaxed and refocused. It's actually one of my favorite times of the year. And while he's gone I start some project, stay up late into the night working, feed the kids pizza and pull out the paper plates. It's a win - win.


But, this morning his leaving for the ski trip nearly broke my heart. I'm his biggest fan, sure, but Grant is borderline stalker and it was so hard to watch this little guy go dig up his own gear and plead to go along.


So if you are reading this in Tahoe, have a wonderful time. Just know how terribly missed you will be and that I almost had to send the boy to school in pj's and ski garb.


No comments:

Post a Comment