"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

red in the morning

Last week, my bedroom door burst open in the early morning light and one little five year old ran to my bedside whispering as loudly as possible, "Mom -- you've got to come see the sunrise." I opened one blurry eye to peek out my window and it was one of those "red in the morning, sailor take warning" starts to the day. Grant urged me to hurry but moving too slow in clearing my head and gathering a bathrobe in the freezing temps, we missed the full effect of the red morning. His disappointment nearly killed me.

Yesterday, we made it in time to enjoy all that a Colorado morning has to offer.


And for the full impact -- and because 18 degrees isn't really comfortable sunrise viewing temperatures, we drove the quarter mile to the the top of our hill to watch from the warmth of the car.



I'm so glad he asked me to take him. What fun to drink in the start of a new day with someone so enamored by it's beauty.



Some other friends were watching too.


And Pikes Peak was breathtaking.


But more breathtaking still, is that this morning he woke Christian and insisted that he share it all over again -- only today, with his brother.



No comments:

Post a Comment