"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, February 12, 2010

school valentines

When we were kids, my mother came up with a brilliant plan to hand make our Valentines. She bought dozens of gum packages and oodles of construction paper and all nine of us would sit, cut, write and tape to create an "I 'Chews' you to be My Valentine" card. I don't remember the insanity but there must have been plenty of it because following her lead -- and being tired of ye old store bought kind -- we made ours this year.


And last night, I was thanking my lucky stars that we actually started this process a weekend ago. I'm not much of a pre-thinker, but this time it really payed off making our Valentine escapade semi-fun to do. (I say semi-fun because we had our moments.) Which also left us time to make dozens of these:


We wrapped these in stacks all done up in cute cellophane baggies and ribbon found at the dollar store to give to teachers, friends and **sigh** girlfriends (sorry Christian). I don't know why my children love Valentine's day so much. Maybe they just love a good celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment