"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

life

There's craziness at my house. I'll admit it. There's a pile of laundry on my couch that would make a Goodwill clothing sorter run. Syrup coats everything in the kitchen more often than not. Schedules necessitate dinner on the run some nights and the result is a car that the detailer gave up on. My garage is littered with bikes, skateboards and currently, sleds. There's a party every night that commences the moment I announce bedtime. Don't know why but it almost always escalates into a frenzy that leads to tears because no one under thirteen wants it to end. My children have lovingly dubbed us "the Late Linfords" because our disclaimer up front is that we can't be on time to anything. But despite all of this, I really can count on only one hand plus an extra thumb, how many times I've forgotten and left a child stranded.

And yet, Annie says no less than twice a week, "I can't wait to be a mom". She's the best at making me feel like everything is so worthwhile.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment