"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Annie's 10!

Did I forget to say that this is birthday week ... so buckle up.

For my tenth birthday, I recall that my entire family had a terrible case of food poisoning from an undercooked hot dog party the night before resulting in a family full of sick folks and one spared ten year old. My poor mother begged me to help change sheets and assist as the clean-up committee. So, I always hold a special place in my heart for tenth birthdays.

Ten years with Annie have been sheer delight. I see myself in her every day.

Posted by Picasa

Things I so love about Annie:

1. She shadows my every move and wants to do all of the motherly things a mom gets to do. She longs to cook, loves assisting with babies and younger siblings, and is the biggest help I could ask for.

2. Like it or not, Annie can do hard things. She's got persistence on her side. As a new baby, I left her once with Newel and when I returned, she was closed up in her room wailing. I asked how long she had been at it and he said she'd cried since I had left several hours prior. And she proved to us that she could keep going until the cows came home. Persistence from the very beginning.

3. Annie is creative. She likes to make things from clay, paint, words, beads ... she's always showing her inventive side.

4. She's got a real sensitive streak and she loves with all of her heart.

And we love her. Happy 10th Birthday, Annie. I'll always hold a special memory of the day my second, perfect, beautiful baby girl came into my life.

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy this week! 10-What a great age. She sounds just like my EMMA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your April sounds like our August! Aren't 10 year olds great!

    ReplyDelete