"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, April 30, 2010

Marlowe's ??? years old

Last one for awhile, I promise.

I usually try to stay out of the photos because I have a tendency to be self depreciating. But since it's my birthday and I know that one day I'll look back and not really be able to remember myself as I used to be, I though I'd post at least something.


When Christian asked how old I was today, I told him quite honestly I just couldn't remember. He was shocked and I had to assure him that it was no lie -- if he really wanted to know he'd have to do some math and figure out how many years it had been since I was born. It's what I have to do every time. I'm just not a numbers gal. I don't ever step on a scale to let a number determine how I'm going to feel today, and I'm sure not going to let some number make me feel any older either.

Ah ... but this picture did the trick because all I could see were the wrinkles. Guess that's why I usually stay out of the way. As I thought about it, though, here's what I came up with:

Posted by Picasa
It would appear that the good ones out-weight the bad ones. And which wrinkle causing moments would I give back to be free of every care worn line?? Not one.

Well, maybe some of the frustration ones between the eyes but even those have helped me to grow into the sort of person I want to be. Loving every year and looking forward to more.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And I'm sure you have plenty of pics that don't show the wrinkles quite as much--that's what shade is for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I don't think you look a day over 29!! I always tell myself I love my wrinkles(and stretch marks)because I earned every one!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete