"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Naptime

I thoroughly enjoy a good nap. Especially as I still have a baby waking up in the night. Oh, I know it's a real time waster and I do feel my nagging conscience tell me all of the things I could and should be doing while my two youngest doze through the afternoon silence. But some days, nothing feels better than to close my eyes and reopen them when my brain decides to return to reality.

I can't do it everyday as my to-do list is much to long, but I do try to lay down every afternoon and read with Grant. His eyes get droopy as the sound of my droning voice lulls him into heaviness. I, myself, fight to keep from slipping away knowing that once he's deeply sedated, I must slide noiselessly out and on with family needs.

But taking that one last minute to look at his peacefully slumbering face, I'm struck. Is this fair?? Should a boy be blessed with such fabulous eyelashes???

No comments:

Post a Comment