"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, April 16, 2010

Not even a chance

I so dislike taking that one super cute outfit I've been saving in a drawer until it fits, removing the tags with the thrill of anticipation, and being set to soak in that adorable moment only to find that the right time has passed and she's out grown it before she even had a chance to wear it.


I can tell myself all I want that I'm absorbing every single second like a sponge, that with this child, I'm not letting a moment go unnoticed. But this ... this slap in the face by my old arch-enemy, Time, is just another rude awakening to the reality that it's all so fast and ever changing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, we'll get our wear out of them for sure, I just don't like that she's growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete