"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, May 6, 2010

15 years

I used to look at folks married for fifteen years and think, whoa that's a long time.

It doesn't seem so long ago really.


It's funny to me how some couples start to look like one another over time. I remember remarking to my own parents that they seem so "related". I mean, when my mother gets in the mix of her family, I just don't see how she fits. She's more us than them. I guess when two people face life's challenges and triumphs together, they start to reflect each other. I don't know if we do but after all of this time, I do feel that connect.


Even though I've got more fire than one guy ought to have to handle and he's got more stubborn streak than one gal ought to deal with, he still makes my heart beat just as fast as it did on that morning fifteen years ago when I took his hand and watched our parents drive away leaving us to make our way without them -- even if it was only so far as our reception.


That was a pretty great day.


I've so enjoyed traveling through this life with my very best friend in the whole world. A journey that began 15 years ago today. I love you so and look forward to all of the great days still to come.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 15 years! You two look as good as the day you were married! You're right it doesn't seem so long ago. Jason and I are going on 17 years and it seems like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete