"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, June 10, 2010

For the love of all things southern

Sometimes I'm just amazed by the beauty of the earth. What a privilege to get to take it all in. Especially in a place like this.

Starting with the good, the bad and the ugly. As my father puts it "Healthy" poison ivy. Alluringly beautiful with all of that fabulous green color, it's nothing but a trap.


Spanish moss, it's a parasite but man is it beautiful. Or spooky, depending on you're age.


Things that just grow -- without begging.


Because my Grandmother planted with such tender care. And though she's gone, her legacy still blooms year after year.



I've frozen this sunset in my memory dozens of times to recall when I wanted that peaceful feeling. Though hard to capture it's full splendor, it's magnificent every time.




2 comments:

  1. And because Aunt Pam visits often and works her TAIL off maintaining the yard. Truly.

    When I went to pick pecans with the aunts & uncles last year I was amazed at the foresight Grandpa had--to plant those pecan trees almost 70 years ago. I wonder if he had any idea then what he was creating???

    And how on earth are you blogging from the farm??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! -- Must give credit where credit is due. She makes the dream possible. And I love the majesty of those pecan trees.

    Yeah, no service at the farm. Love that -- it's got to have been the most relaxing leg of this trip. Already on to the next destination. More on that to come.

    ReplyDelete