"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, August 27, 2010

Dawning

The dawning of a new day. With kids back in school, I had such high hopes of organization, cleaning and getting life back on track. I need new systems to get kids out the door on time, home work done, to manage my time and the sudden paper influx. I'm chomping at the bit to get this family running like clockwork.

But then there's this girl who teaches me to prioritize and that some things just need to sit on the back burner for a little while longer :


And this mail from my alma mater which makes me feel really old and tired at the same time. When did I qualify for the life insurance mailing list instead of the season football tickets one? :


And the half eaten cake on the counter because the girl's church activity this week was cake decorating and it took a few tries to get an "acceptable" cake to decorate leaving me with WAY too much extra cake :


(Lousy picture but only my iPhone was within reach and just so's ya know, my face looks identical behind the camera)

And the illness that came home from school this week to gleefully pass around the family, serving me days of differing children home and ending my week with my own sinus wrenching sniffle and dehabilitating sneeze. Welcome back, folks! :


Wind's out of my sails and this week's a wash. But I can't wallow too much because amongst it all, I didn't miss the dawning of her new day on her own two feet. I guess it's time to get busy because she's only just beginning. Better add "lock everything down" to my list. :




No comments:

Post a Comment