"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, September 3, 2010

She's so easy

My mom always said to be wary if a man brought you flowers. It's grounds for wondering what he's been up to .. or what he wants ... especially if he's not prone to bringing you flowers in the first place.

But, I'm not really a flowers girl. I'd much prefer a plant. Or better yet, a JoAnn's gift card.

Things are a little different when he knows you well and you're easy:



Then again, not so easy because it really must have taken more effort to find the fabric markets and purchase and bargain for something he knows so little about than it would have to buy a bunch of flowers at the airport on the way home.

I have my suspicions of what is wanted in return, and so my mom was mostly right. And yes, this easy girl is throwing caution to the wind and putting this right next to the satins from last year's business trip to China until she comes up with the perfect project.

Because it's just not that easy to cut authentic Indian silk ... and I am that easily worked.

3 comments:

  1. So COOL!!! Way to go Newell! And what on earth will you make???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that he has good taste. I shudder to think of what color combinations Bob may have come home with. Can't wait to see what the pretty fabric turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure who you thought doubted you were easy, Marlowe...

    Jealous. I'm really, really, just jealous. Man. Give that silk a pet for me. (And don't forget to show us what it becomes when you work up the nerve to cut it...)
    ~E~

    ReplyDelete