"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, October 1, 2010

Just be finished already

Some say you should never let the way other people feel effect your own outlook. And yet, some days, my kids can come through the door at the end of school, bringing with them a negativity that changes my entire day's atmosphere.

This face:


Made my face knit in frustration as I tried to whip up a little something to wear to my husband's high school reunion this weekend. Her pain was my pain and since haste always makes waste for me, I spent more time ripping seams then it actually took to sew them.

But do it I did, and I even got the nerve to make it out of the silk he brought from India. You should have seen my hands shake cutting that delicate fabric.


Mission accomplished -- only now I'm scared to wear it.

4 comments:

  1. Be sure and post a photo of it on you. It turned out lovely, even if it was made in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!! I'd love to see a picture with you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post one -- man, by the time I was heming it, I had the same expression as Eliza. That fabric was tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete