"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Retreat

I've never been sure what Labor Day celebrates. Is it a rest from our labors? We did just start school. Is it an extra day at the end of summer to wrap up our warm weather labors? Is it to honor all of those who do labor?

One way or the other, I was so excited to be surprised by Newel with a babysitter for the weekend and a mysteriously childless trip. Boy, did I rest from my labors and celebrate all of Newel's labor by spending a bit of his hard earned cash here:


Wow, this place was a welcome surprise. So beautiful and relaxing, the colors at every turn were amazing. I could not have felt more spoiled.




We stayed in this beautifully luxurious resort.




And ate each incredible meal at the hotel restaurant:



Jazz in the square by the most talented 15 and 16 year olds I've ever heard.


Soaked in the last of summer's warmth.



Took a gondola ride to the top to sit and reflect.



A swim in the pool, a relaxing massage at the spa, and the company of my best friend in the whole world. By the end of 36 hours, we were saying to each other, "Wouldn't Christian like this..., Wouldn't Celia enjoy that ...".


Mission accomplished. Nothing like a little time away to make a mom appreciate everything she's lucky enough to enjoy. I do feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you, Newel, for always making me your number one priority. I loved every minute with you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I feel more relaxed just reading about it! And your pictures are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff and I went there to celebrate our tenth anniversary last year. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.

    ReplyDelete