"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Randomness from CA

I know we just took a vacation together here. But, we've pretty much decided that in order to stay fun, relaxed parents we should take off together maybe a couple of times a month.

Just kidding.

But seriously ... maybe just twice a year during our church's General Conference even though I know it's for families. It was so nice to hole up in a hotel and actually hear it for a change and come away feeling rejuvenated rather than exhausted. He went down the block to the priesthood session as I got ready for the reunion party later. It was a nice weekend.

Had to do a drive by here:


And here:


I loved the beauty of this new temple. Wow. I was expecting a small annex-y thing but was stricken by its simply stunning architecture.

Loved getting to see Newel's brother and sister in law and their great girls. I can't believe how much they've grown since I saw them last. They were such good converationalists over dinner and it was the one moment where I missed my own kids and wish they'd been there to see cousins.


Also, dropped in on some college friends who are headed in to have their third baby today. Can't wait to hear how things went. We really miss them.

Saw a lot of traffic, California style.


Never saw the beach. Not enough time in 48 hours. Did see a guy dressed in a fast food uniform jogging down the street carrying a six foot, two inch diameter dowel rod which he was balancing with one hand from left to right. All I can figure is ... Even in California one must do whatever it takes to exercise that sword arm. And ... that is one place to keep your camera always ready.

1 comment:

  1. So Russ & I escaped conference weekend, I just haven't had time to blog about it yet. Seriously, in 12 hours I felt like we talked more (and better) than we had in the previous 12 months. I decided then and there that we are doing this at least 2x a year for the future. If we are going to be this busy and this tired, we have to figure out some way to stay connected...

    ReplyDelete