"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

When I try to recall gifts received at Christmas, I find them over shadowed by fond memories of times spent together. I'm not sure why I can't remember the stuff. Maybe because it was just stuff.

Before the holidays, I get this urge to de-junk. I throw out by the black bag load. I find myself contemplating re-gifting all of that forgotten mess on Christmas morning but I don't think that would make the people around here very happy. So there I am, shoveling out the stuff, preparing to replace it with more stuff, and I get down right tired of all the ... stuff.

This year, we downsized and enjoyed a Christmas all about the joy of giving between family members eager to share the simplest of gifts.


The novelty of kisses left everywhere by Santa Claus



Teens get harder to please the older they get and after awhile, do they really need one more thing? A brother who is so easy to please, is so refreshing.


Bananas for stocking stuffers.


A girl who let jealousy over her brother's new glasses get the best of her. All she would ask, write or say she wanted from Santa was fake glasses to make her look smart. I scoffed, I scorned, I told her she'd best think of something better than that. But I guess Santa knows how to win a little girl's heart.



Christian's idea for a new line of wrapping paper made entirely of foil. No tape needed and perfect in wrapping lip gloss for sisters.



The most anticipated gift earning the best response. I curse those school holiday shops every year but this time was a winner.


No idea what the gift, but this was the point.

And as soon as the unwrapping was over, we loaded our family to give them the gift of memories together. Skiing the Rockies ... better than stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment