"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, December 31, 2010

The problem with going on vacation ...

Is you always have to come back to reality.

I always wish my house looked like some of the vacation homes we stay in. Reality is, mine doesn't. We're usually returning to a lived in explosion.


Why is it so easy to get along with the bare essentials on a vacation? And why do I always come home wondering how to simplify my life accordingly?

Vacations wear everyone out and keep us all so busy there isn't as much time for petty disagreements that wear on my last nerve. That right there is enough to make me want to be a perminant vacationer.


If only it were that easy.





Eliza and I turned into the ski shuttle for these guys all week.


And in our spare time, we rode the gondola and played in a snow fort at the resort... that is until our feet got cold and we had a good cry and some pumpkin pie at the peak restaurant.






And this day, she wasn't a fan of the big tubing hill so we found something more our speed. She nearly fell asleep riding this thing.



Vacationing forever to escape life's realities??? Okay, I guess some ideas just seem good at the time but in the long run wouldn't be the most well thought out of plans.


Because, if we did this everyday, what would we have to look forward to. Time to head back into reality.


2 comments:

  1. awesome pics Marlowe! Looks like an exhausting, but fun time!! I love the snow fort & kiddie tube activities!

    We love to ski & our little hill is only a few mins from our house! My kiddos have been skiing since they were little & we are so glad that we made the commitment (financial & time) early on! It is great family time & excellent exercise!

    Happy New Year to you & your gang!! hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great vacation! Reality is a constant reminder of why we have to enjoy our times of escape...:-)

    ReplyDelete