"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, May 16, 2011

Wrappin' it up

Who isn't wrapping up the end of school with parties, projects, concerts, and graduations?  For us, this week will hold a few. If you aren't a grandparent or relative of these kids, this may not be of interest.  Just the same, I'm documenting because it never ceases to amaze me how quickly the years click off most especially while kids are in school and this year is almost at an end.  Where did the time go?


Celia and her violin teacher, Rene.  He has one of those accent marks over that last "e" in his name and I misspell that last name on every check. Rene is Dutch and so amazing.




It's only taken 10 years to get this girl to sit up straight and look like a real violinist.





I get a catch in my throat listening to them play their hearts out.  Anything that takes dedication makes my eyes sting a little and I adored the second movement of this Celtic tune.

3 comments:

  1. I had a violinist for a year and it didn't stick....darnit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! My oldest daughter just started with the violin....hoping it sticks!

    ReplyDelete