"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fiddle dee dee

When it comes to southern belles, this one fits the mold to a T.  Back when I was a child, she declared herself too Grand to be a grandmother and we could all call her Grand Janie.  She's the heart of our trip to the coast and I could sit and listen to her stories all day.


As a child, her mother brought her homemade fried chicken to the elementary school every day for lunch.  Wanting to fit in with the other girls, she would trade her lunch for their sandwiches.  Years later, she's a pro at all things fanciful.  Including homemade fried chicken which she celebrated our arrival with in a picnic.  Only she never does anything without presentation and that includes laying out our picnic complete with garnishes on every dish.  Her perfection tickles me.


Her fire is inspiring.  She seizes every moment of life and never tires. She's involved, she's creative, and she's politely candid in that southern fashion that makes you stifle a giggle.  She's the genuine real deal of southern belles.


And when I leave her, I long to be as beautiful as she is. 


3 comments:

  1. Marlowe, she's breathtakingly beautiful! From what you describe, you captured her personality in those shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. Her eyes are powerful and enticing...what blue! Tell Grand Janie that I want to be like her when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely gorgeous..inside and out from what I'm reading! And oh that fried chicken!! I love that she's called Grand Janie..and Marlowe what a fabulous family photo! You look beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete