"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, June 17, 2011

If I could live next door to these kids ...

We have the best friends from our college days and I love it when we get our children together with their children.  My kids could talk of nothing but seeing them again this year.  And after they left to return home, our trip was just a little less sunny.  They were the highlight and will be again next year because the party that ensued while all the kids were together, is one my family will talk about for quite awhile.


Reacquainting on the dock the morning after their arrival.  It didn't take long for everyone to warm up and I couldn't help capturing this moment through the screened porch.


All the kids will probably talk about the freedom of getting to drive the golf carts for a long, long time.



Crabby Mike's seafood buffet -- it's a tradition.  I love that the younger girls are brave enough to try anything ... including frog legs and craw fish.





Can't wait to do it again next year ... the kids are already making plans ... and thanks for being so great and so much fun to be around!

1 comment:

  1. My kids feel the same about my best friend from college and their kids! The countdown of when we get to see them next begins as we pull out of their driveway! Except they live in Iowa, so instead of beautiful shots of the kids at the beach or walking into the ocean....I guess it is of them playing in the cornfields!!!

    ReplyDelete