"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, July 18, 2011

Linford Reunion


It seems I never get to stay as long as I'd like at these gatherings.  Last night, Christian and I hauled from St. George, Utah in order to get home for scout camp at 6 am this morning.  The rest of the family stayed to enjoy more family festivus and I'm seething with jealousy as they horseback ride and talent show their afternoon away.


Avoiding the suitcase I need to unload and repack for the next weekend journey ahead, garden that needs tending and chicken chores to upkeep, I'm pretending I can still smell the unbelievable pine scent of those beautiful mountains.


Here's to festivus for the rest of us, Linford cousins, fun, and memories not soon forgotten.
   

















4 comments:

  1. I was wondering how that had gone--looks so beautiful! Enjoy your time alone now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlowe,
    Those are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. How did the whole family shot turn out?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, Still working on the edit of it. I just got home from my reunion and am hoping to get to work on it. It turned out so nice but Christian slipped down behind everyone and I'm getting him fixed in the photo. Soon, I promise! Miss you all already :)

    ReplyDelete