"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, August 19, 2011

Grant's 7


I used to listen to Christian's heartfelt prayers by his bed each night, pleading for a little brother.

When the ultrasound revealed boy number two, I teared up.  I couldn't help it.  Christian had asked so many times.

The day Grant was born, I leisurely packed children off to a friend, loaded my bag, and headed arm in arm with Newel for the necessary induction.

We walked across the parking lot looking up at the towering hospital and talked of how in a few short hours our family dynamics, our lives, and our numbers would no longer be the same.

Number five.  

I knew just how long it would take.  I knew just how much medication would be needed.  I knew exactly what time I'd be home later.

It was the only birth where everything went according to "my plan" and I proclaimed it the funnest birthday ever.

And every day with him, has been the funnest ever since.  Happy Birthday, Grant!  You were an answer to all of our prayers.  I love every day I get to be with you,

Mom

1 comment: