"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cloak of invisibility

It's drizzling outside.  I really want to bake something out of the garden zucchini on my counter and lay down to read books with my gal who is already headed for a nap here at nine in the morning.


But, I'm faced with this pile which has been growing.




These I'd love to frame and hang.




This which I started finishing even though Christian hasn't been a Cub Scout in nearly two years.




This for Celia who hasn't had a new church dress in like ... forever, she says.




These which need to be put away after last weeks bedroom repaint.




And the list on my hallway chalkboard that seems to be getting ever longer and never shorter.



 "The Invisible Mother" flagged by one of my cousins, speaks so well to all that I've been feeling of late.

4 comments:

  1. oh that was timely this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this post. You could be at my house - only your furniture is a lot nicer! I have been thinking of doing one of these "real" posts lately...so people see that yes, my life is very full and happy....but it is also very, very messy and my to do list never ending.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's a To-Do list...the never ending version, looks a lot like mine!:)
    but WOW...what an article! Moved me to tears.
    Thanks for sharing that
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - this really hits home. Love it. Makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete