"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, November 7, 2011

Going senile ... I mean ... developing patience

I'm a "Project Patience" work in progress.  There really isn't a day that goes by that I don't react badly to something, even a small thing, catch myself, and think, "When am I going to master this one quality!!".


"Probably never," myself almost always answers back.


Talking to oneself is a sign of senility, I'm sure.


But when I take a step back and look at a bigger picture, something like this:



Would, once, have sent me over the edge.


  


And now I know it'll be over all too quickly and I run for the camera understanding a little girl's magnetism.


Who of us doesn't laugh at the thought of ourselves boiling those first dropped pacifiers.  Panicking in the face of dirty floor crawling.  Crazily scouring entire bathrooms when only tubs had been defecated.


Nowadays ... I just want to know how many suckers from the Halloween candy bucket it's going to take to adequately distract while I attempt to clean something ... anything.


More senility.


Or more patience.


Either way, I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. well put. maybe I have some patience after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put it that way....I have a lot of patience too! I laughed twice....the part about grabbing the camera instead of freaking out.....and the Halloween suckers as babysitter! We really could live in the same house and be the same woman sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete