"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Party like it's 1998

Sometimes I feel like Mom of the Year, cheer leading my kids into continually trying until they achieve something they really, REALLY want.



Then I realize that social services could just as easily show up and take them away.



Ever since Christian and I went here, he could talk of nothing other than taking the entire family for his birthday.


And I'm not really good with present stuff.


But fun togetherness experiences ... the stuff that life is made of?


Sign me up.











Climbing into our car to head for home, tired and muscle sore, Grant sighed in the darkness, "I want to close my eyes and remember today forever."


I think we all felt the same.


(Harry Potter ... here he comes!)


4 comments:

  1. Marlowe,
    What a great way to spend an afternoon for a birthday!! Super fun! I am enjoying catching up on your blog. You are one busy momma! Love all of your photos and I am a bit jealous of your fall break. My kids haven't had a day off school since Labor Day so we are really looking forward to Thanksgiving! Now that winter is coming, you will hear from me more often. hugs, cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the faces. They made me snort in my peppermint tea this morning. Thanks for the humorous start to the day!
    ~E~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks AWESOME! And I'm with you. (Or I would be if Russ had a job, lol.) I'd much rather buy an experience rather than a present...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow....what fun....I wish I was in good enough shape to enjoy something like this with my kids!!! Christian's face in the montage....is priceless! So funny!

    ReplyDelete