"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Small treasures

When asked by my bigger kids, to drive them and their friends somewhere .... anywhere ... my heart jumps a little at the chance.


It's rare to be invited into their world.


And because I spend so much time and energy on the younger souls of my household, I do so treasure the opportunity to get a glimpse at the interactions and the friendships of my older children.


It tells me so much more about them.  


Even when I merely sit silently in the driver's seat and observe through a rear view mirror.


Friday's trip, though a little more subdued than the usual jaunt to and from a dance or party, was telling just the same.






A rare glimpse of life's precious treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Marlowe! Love the one of the two of them together especially!!

    ReplyDelete