"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cheesy Ground Beef Chili


This one was brought to me by a friend while I was recuperating here.  I don't know if it was the twenty four hour restriction on eating due to the anesthesia or what, but it was The. Best. Meal. Ever.  For both myself and my family.

And easy.  We're not big ground beef eaters unless it's spaghetti .... which is rare ... or a hamburger on the grill in the summer.  But this was undeniably fantastic.

Cheesy Ground Beef Chili
(30 min)

1 1/2 lb ground beef 
1 onion diced
large can of tomato sauce
2 cans of enchilada sauce (we like mild)
1 can of kidney beans (rinsed)
1 can of great northern beans (rinsed)
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt

Cheese, Frito's, olives and sour cream for topping

Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot, add onion while browning, add the salt and cumin.  After browning add all rinsed beans and tomatoes, sauce and corn.  Simmer about 20 minutes.  Top each bowl with the good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! Though I can never understand how people only use the little dollop of sour cream. I usually have at least a couple by the time I finish my bowl. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. We top our chili with Fritos and cheese too. I never thought to put sour cream on, looks good!

    ReplyDelete