"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jacked by a Groundhog

Spring temps and confused song birds have been really misleading ... even though we know it's only February. I should know better than to get that warm weather itch.


But the electrical charge in our home on Thursday night over anticipation of the snow day a fore casted blizzard might bring, was certainly the real deal.  We woke up to snow mounding from the door.


And no school but chores still needing to be done





And a lot of "I've fallen and I can't get up".




And sled dogs making runs in over two feet of snow


And a treasure hunt to find the sled we left out there the night before the snow began
 ... though I warned 'em.




And big kids throwing their blankets over their heads in hallelujahs of canceled everything who haven't even emerged yet.

And my "snow is romantic" side telling me that perhaps the most perfect of days filled with baking, hot chocolate, napping, movies, and a front hall brimming with a continuous stream of wet boots, coats, gloves and laughter ... are these.

7 comments:

  1. I love these photos! Marlowe, you are one of my favorite photographers...seriously.
    I wish you were closer so I could pick your brain and learn from you.
    What format do you upload your photos in? I would love for you to tell me
    what camera, lens you use and do you photoshop? I am scared to even dive into
    photoshop...I can't afford the time it would take to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was just outside in my sweatshirt jumping on the trampoline!!! What strange winter we are having in the state of "the greatest snow on earth". Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wicked jealous :) New England needs to get hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow days! More than a little jealous. We've hardly had temps below 55 (even though I'm in the south, it's been unseasonably warm). Such a weird "winter" season this has been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pics Marlowe. I'm shivering looking at them though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, snow days are the best! They are to be truly treasured.
    Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete