"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, March 1, 2012

celia is 15

The day's exhaustion is setting in and as I hugged this girl good night, it all felt somewhat deja vu.  Fifteen years ago, I was pregnant and uncomfortable and tired and trying to survive one more day — every bit a copy of this day.   Only, that one ended with my very first baby to look at and marvel over.  She was perfect.  Perfectly perfect.  I couldn't believe how perfect and she had me hooked from the get go.





She really is one of my very best friends.  These fifteen years as a mother .... I would have caved so many times without her helpful nature, her smile, her one last hug telling me that I could do anything with her as my second set of hands.

And for that ... among so many reasons .... she will eternally hold a special place in my heart.


6 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your girl! she is beautiful! i only have 1 daughter..but would be lost with out her..she is like a second mother to her brothers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Celia!!! It's so fun watching these little ones grow into women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Celia! What gorgeous pictures! It sounds to me as if you're both very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time flies. Happy Birthday, Celia! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like those oldest daughters, is there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post! Love all of her pics~she is so pretty! It is amazing how our firstborn can be exactly what God knew we needed!! Happy Belated Bday Celia! hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete