"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, March 22, 2012

nesting

Dejunking, spring cleaning ... whatever.

On this eve of our spring break, I'm enjoying the fruits of some labor around here.

The last couple of weeks have been spent enduring plenty of moaning and moping, though I have no pictures of the helpers at work. I was otherwise preoccupied with hands on hips and a "get 'er done" expression.

But ...

The closets are dejunked.
The drawers are all cleared.
The cars are washed and vacuumed ... though not for long on unpaved road.
The garage is de-dirted.
Work equipment stowed in the shed.
Bags upon bags given "salvation".
The chicken coop is refreshed.
And the house feels so clean.






It makes things so....much.... easier ... right now.  The freedom from "stuff" = less need to bend over.  If you didn't pick it up, nail it down or profess your undying love, it's found its' way to a new home.

And with the arrival of spring, I'm itching to remodel it all into a more modern brightness of color **sigh**.

Now bring on the crumbs and dirty feet, but don't get too comfortable kids. There's still acres of pine needles to rake off of new spring grass over the break :)

And I'm going to enjoy this if only for a moment.

6 comments:

  1. What a warm, inviting beautiful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlowe your home is gorgeous - and I agree, warm and inviting! Looks like a magazine spread :) We are in the middle of renovating our place and I can't wait to have to have it finished and to not be living in a construction zone :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been spring cleaning too, but find it much easier with the older two at school...that way they can't see what I donate/throw away ;)
    Your house looks awesome, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a good feeling!! we are moving house before baby 5 arrives and I decided to pack myself so i could sort as I went and the stuff I am finding! today it was tonnes of recipe clippings going back 7 years or so!!! crazy stuff

    you have a lovely house! just found your blog through April from power of moms

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy toledo batman! I haven't seen a garage look like that since before we moved into our house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your home is so beautiful!! And I can't believe your in-laws live out here. When you come for a visit, let me know, we will have to get together for lunch!

    ReplyDelete