"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

because I took a million pictures

So much time on my hands to walk around soaking in the excitement of escape just left me with treasured moment after moment and way too many pictures trying to capture all that I never want to forget of our time together.

So, forgive me.  These go in my book at the end of the year and since it's for me ... well, these are for when my memory fades.
  

Seriously, last snow of the season growing slushier by the day as we enjoyed mid 60's.


Cutest little cabin in the woods, perfect for kids with the pool right across the walk.  The whole set up a total step back to the early 80's ... and I forgot my baby blue LA Gear leg warmers.



Snow castle play.




These two itching to get off on their own and race down the hard stuff.





After lunch, gondola so warm E and I could have fallen asleep and ridden round and round forever.


Fun toys and games that came with the house and kept kids playing nicely for hours during rest time.


This game which elevated the competition beyond control because we have a dad who likes to make up words and then by chance, prove them in Webster's, creating heated debates. Irresistible to even the youngest.

But ... I still don't consider "ai" the cry of a sloth, a usably fair word ... despite the dictionary ... Newel.



Christian, who down right scintillates when everyone plays together.  Most especially when Celia puts down her current teenage-ness and joins the fun.



And dinner date escapes with Newel, and reliable babysitters, and bbq's by the fire, and ice cream cones.  And all my time, my own.




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures!!! Can't believe you forgot your leg warmers...I think mine were hot pink ;)

    ReplyDelete