"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

double digits

The night before my tenth birthday, my entire family got food poisoning from a church picnic.

The next morning was a Saturday and my church class in primary was scheduled for a trip to the zoo for fun. It was supposed to be the best birthday ever. But ... with the whole family sick and I, the oldest daughter unaffected .... well, let's say I remember my worn out mother pitifully offering me a five dollar bill to clean up after the others so that she could return to her own sickbed.

Rather than the zoo, washing a laundry room-load of icky sheets was where I spent my tenth.

And so I say to ten year olds everywhere ... and I say it every tenth birthday of each ten year old I know ... it could always be worse.

So don't go poutin' over that goldfish you didn't get :)






Cuz our lunch escape and our party-ing made for a great, full day.

And I'm nearly sure a full house beats a flush every time.


Happy 10th Birthday, Janie! It was a good day. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!
    P.S. I could really go for some of that cake right now...it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete