"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ten



The day she was born, as per hospital safety regulations, I sent her to the prenatal nursery for safe keeping while I took a shower. The water had barely turned hot before I heard my room door open and close once again.  I peeked my head out of the bathroom in surprise, as I hadn't really expected visitors.

The nurse had returned with baby in hand.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Linford," she said politely, "But the minute we left your room, she hit the hall wailing and was in such a tizzy by the time we reached the nursery. There was nothing we could do to calm her and the head nurse down there said 'Take this one back to her mother' ".

And I should have known she'd be trouble from the start.


But when she leaves my nest, they'll be a little less sunlight in my day to day.


She's a best friend and sister like none other.

She's driven.

She's determined.

She's organized.

She's fun.

Couldn't be happier to have such a girl.  It was a happy birthday the day she was born.

1 comment: