"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Annie at 12

Saturday, April 28th ... not to be overlooked.  I really tried to have all of these girls on my own birthday so that we could just celebrate them and let mine slide.

It didn't work.

Now we just eat a lot of cake the last week of April.



On Sunday, she moved out of the primary classes and into the young women.  She couldn't have been more excited and these girls couldn't have been more excited for her.

She was called to the pulpit in our main sacrament meeting to receive her Faith in God award and share an Article of Faith.  She chose the 13th.

I thought she would be sick.

I thought I might be sick for her.

Until Grant leaned over so seriously, and loudly whispered, "They grow up oh so fast!!!" and the whole row erupted into giggles.




She's a beautiful addition to our family.

She takes care of things for me.

And sticks by my side to help me through.


Happy Birthday, Annie.  That day 12 years ago, when they placed a perfect baby in my arms, it changed my life forever.  Forever for the better.

I love you,

Mom


4 comments:

  1. You are an amazing Mom, Marlowe!! Love seeing the pictures. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....happiest of birthdays to you both! I forget that you have the April birthday thing like we do....3 of my girls have April birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a LOT of birthdays in April!! Wonderful pictures. I love the one of your littlest one kissing her cheek. SO sweet :)
    P.S. You look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Annie!
    What a beauty.
    have a happy day marlowe

    ReplyDelete