"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, June 15, 2012

fathers

Everyone has been coming and going this summer what feels non-stop. Camps. Business trips. Activities.

I know I'm not the funnest of the fun at the moment.

So right now, I've got them all to myself on a trip to the mountains.  My best girlfriend offered half of her time share this week and Newel agreed it might be good to get me away from my nesting craziness to do something just us. Just our family.

I want to remember Father's Day because as the father of our home, he does so much.

Like thinking about how I'm driven crazy by all of the little things I want perfect before a baby comes.

Like saving me from my own nuttiness by whisking us all away to a mini-mountain vacation distraction to whittle away some time having fun.

Like getting me off my feet and rallying kids to jobs.

Like really talking up our date night to give me excitement over another week under my belt.

Like calling me during the day to check how I'm doing.

Like listening to my chatter after kids are in bed and sharing in conversations.

I know it's not "Husband's Day" but I can't help but be so grateful for him. Because this summer, he has really picked up the slack to be the dad to the mother I fall short of right now.

"Any Man can be a Father
But it takes Someone Special
To be a Daddy."

Watching these moments, make my heart skip a beat.  Happy Father's Day, Newel!  I love to watch you be the daddy to these special children of ours.












1 comment:

  1. Awww, Happy Father's Day to your husband! Maybe we should invent a husband/wife day ;)
    Awesome pictures...I love the airplane one with it soaring above the clouds. Enjoy your time away.
    P.S. I just read the bee post, but I had to click away, because I am terrified of even seeing that many bees in one picture.
    xo

    ReplyDelete