"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, July 19, 2012

careful what you wish for

Someone dared breathe in the wake of chores, "This has been the most boring summer ever."

Have we been co-existing in the same summer?

I gave a little lecture about how in my childhood, rarely did mothers entertain children day in and day out.

And I dished out more chores.











Dearest Children,

How soon your days will be filled with text books and learning so your time will never be this monotonous ; )

Love, Mom

8 comments:

  1. Growing up, my mom's reply to "I'm bored" was ALWAYS "Great! I have some stuff for you to do!"

    ...We learned quickly not to say that around her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence, the doling out of more chores! But, mine seem unable to learn the red flags of motherhood .... I don't get it! And so ... They slave away :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No, it was genius! I'm totally doing it to my kids...

      Delete
  3. Thank you for that last picture...needed to see that today! And this summer I am sure has been "boring" too...and I have LOVED every minute of the boringness of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I try not to listen to the peanut gallery. I love boringness too ... All it takes is one day filled with too much stuff!

      Delete
  4. Mine have also started the, "I'm so bored." parade....even though they know that uttering those words will get them a chore or job to do. They can't seem to help themselves. Even though we homeschool....I can tell we are all ready for "school" to begin. As my mother used to say, "You want to complain about something? Then I will give you something to complain about!" She is a wise woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My children know not to breathe the words "I'm bored" around here either...I do the same, dish out more chores.
    Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete