"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, August 20, 2012

and they're off

A new school year. Full of promise. I'm ready and I'm not ready.

It means so many things.

It means my days of warmth and sunshine are coming to a close.

It means Eliza needs constant entertainment as she misses all of her "guys".

It means Celia will drive herself in the year ... and date boys.

It means I get to worry about the sheer numbers of teenage driving accidents right out in front of the high school.

It means Christian wraps up middle school and gets ready to transition to a bigger pond.

It means Janie will prepare to leave the elementary scene and become a much smaller fish.

It means Annie will hit me with the "but all the other girls are wearing makeup" argument about a hundred times as I pretend not to listen.

It means that Grant will be the youngest ... and littlest ... guy in the whole big, bad third grade.

It means other moms will ask me if I'm putting Eliza in preschool next year and I'll have to glaze over not thinking about that possibility at all.

It means early mornings with excitement for some things and for others .. not so much.








It wears us out so's we can hardly make it to nap time, just thinkin' about it.


3 comments:

  1. Like the pics! Reminded me that I forgot to give Marcus his glasses today!! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...your little one falling asleep at the table! She must have been so tired! Love the first day of school pics...but I don't love the first day back to school...I always cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Eliza's little kissable face! We have that same yellow shirt for S-girl! Keep on glazing over, sister!

    ReplyDelete