"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

vacation overload

Okay ... one fail swoop of way too many pictures.

We're back and like most, faced the beginning of a new school year immediatly upon return. Too many late nights, too much sugar, too many hours in a car. Now laundry, school supplies, early morning seminary, lunches and the ever present rush for the school bus.

Where did the time go?

And can we just go back here?






These guys are serious pickle players.




Among other night games.




I have always loved these little clam thingys.  They are each so individually different in size and color. No two alike. The tide sweeps them in and in seconds they rebury themselves in unison. I collected buckets of them as a child.





We got our seafood fix.  I got addicted to not cooking and cleaning.


As well as a desperate daily need for something fried and something sweet. That's the south for ya.  When in Rome, though ... you know?


Fishing skills off the dock improved.





I do so love these boys and girls.  All will be much quieter one day when I'm no longer surrounded by this ongoing party.









Even when they're cranky over too much older brotherly love :)










13 comments:

  1. Marlowe these are so beautiful!! every single one of them. looks like the perfect vacation to me. sand, clams, hugs and eating out!!:)
    we start school tomorrow for a half day and then for reals on monday so we are right there with ya...where DID the time go?
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! ah ... The eating out! Now we juggle baby and meal prep. Such is life :)

      Delete
  2. have to say it again ... what a beautiful family! Looks like you had a great time a couple hours from ME! Hope your school year is off to great a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, I would move back in a heartbeat, if I could convince my southern California husband. At least I trained him to love a better beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Loved Loved all of those photos! But those CURLS - oh my goodness - those CURLS!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is the one thing that makes me like humidity :)

      Delete
  5. Such gorgeous photos, Marlowe. What an awesome vacation you all had. Such a bummer that it's right back to school already...where in the heck did this summer go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh...I'm missing the beach so much already! So you know the sand fleas in your top picture on the right? They were crazy this year where we were. My friend reached both hands into the sand and then counted how many huge sand fleas she had in those 2 handfuls of sand--she had 18!! And the clam things are called donax or coquina and they used to make soup out of them--all I can think is it would take a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Not sure I'd like to eat OR cook that. Who wants to she'll all those clams?

      Delete
  7. I could comment on so many of your pictures because they are all so great. But, I guess I will just comment on the fact that you described our lives perfectly when you said we were "surrounded by the ongoing party". I love that! It is so true...and while it drives me crazy sometimes, I know if the back of my mind I am so going to miss this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! Driving past Atlanta I so wished I'd had the time to stop and meet you but was busting it back to put Newel on a plane back to Germany. One of these trips I am going to make it happen!

      Delete
  8. Love these pictures! Looks like y'all had the best time.

    ReplyDelete