"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

it's always fun when grandpa comes

But first a word about Grandma, who I did not get any pictures of playing with girls and snuggling babies, darn it. I guess I let myself be distracted by everything else under the sun from great conversation to the sheer enjoyment of having guests to entertain.

She's gone and I could use her back again because Charlotte nestled in like she belonged right there and seeing her so content allowed me a guilt free minute to straighten a kitchen or change a load of wash.

And today ... well, ... she's missing Grandma ... and so am I.


Grandpa?  He's the bee's knees.



There's no doubt about it.




But then, I have a soft spot for all of the men of my life.


Even the ones who get cranky over too long of a wait for Saturday brunch ... which, I think, might be all of them :)




Why is it that I just think nearly everything Grandpas, Dads, and brothers do is so endearing?





Maybe it's because they unabashedly try to get away with everything and though they grow up they never really grow up.



No comments:

Post a Comment