"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, November 1, 2012

hope your halloween was spooktacular

We reminisced over years gone by. Years I sewed intricate costumes. Years I dressed multiple kids in themes. Years that changed from cute to ghoulish. Years growing up, sprouting with creativity.

I'm not sure how Halloween squeezed between Christmas and Easter as our second biggest holiday of the year. 

From hayrides to school parties, church ones and friend gatherings, pumpkin carving, doorbell treat ditching, Halloween specials, scary stories, haunted housing, corn mazes and surprise visits from Freddy. Somewhere in there, it just keeps getting bigger.

I took a back seat this year, and just enjoyed the ride.

Their costumes.
Their ideas.
Their memories of fun.

I hope your Halloween was "spooktacular" in every way.












1 comment:

  1. Oh, Marlowe, I love these!! I love the candy pile one, and your oldest daughter wearing your youngest one...so precious. They are a scary but very cute looking bunch ;)

    ReplyDelete