"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Saturday, November 10, 2012

triberg

It came time to turn around and head back toward the airport.

On the way we took a peek at the corner of Switzerland.


Then spent the night in Triberg, Germany before heading back.





The home of cuckoo clock, nutcracker and little wooden puppet makers. You can bet I made Eliza sit down and watch Pinocchio with me the minute I got home :)



The detail and story telling in each clock is amazing.




I fairly skipped along like a kid getting a sneak peek at Santa's workshop with my baby packing sherpa in tow. 




And headed home with the best present of all .. the memories.

5 comments:

  1. i love it all. so glad you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a wonderful time marlowe!! so glad you were able to get away! are you moving to germany now?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to take a look at my scrapbook. I think one of our day stops when we went to Germany for a weekend was Triberg. There was a festival/parade going on....so we joined for that and then went shopping for a cuckoo clock...some of your pictures looks very familiar...but I don't remember the towns name. I just remember that they all made us feel very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops--sorry, truly was joking and did not mean to be offensive...

    ReplyDelete