"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

child abuses

When Newel used to travel a lot way back when, he'd always come home to find I'd done something drastic to my hair.

It's what I used to do when things got too quiet and there was no one to stop me.

Now I just halfway paint a wall.

He's been gone for what seems like forever .. though not really ... and I already cut my hair ... so I found some other victims.



I only got a picture of one of the heads I cut but ... for my first attempt at layering? I was fist pumping the air. Then did a little dance over how you can learn anything on YouTube. Then held really still and pondered that scary thought for just a second.


I didn't cut this head but I tortured it just the same.




I'm loving those thighs right now. They are serious business.


I ran out of cinnamon and did what people do and went to the store and bought more. I needed to use it. Couldn't find it. Swore I'd bought some. Went back to my cabinet looking for it again the next day. Discovered two unopened shakers. Questioned why I had bought two.

I thought I was loosing my mind.

Found this on my Ipad at random one morning.



Apparently it's been fun with the babysitter during my recent trips.

Here's one Sunday morning, one cute baby, one great helper and some sort of background argument between father and son over how to style hair long overdue for a cut.


Sometimes, it's just too much ;)





5 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! Love seeing those.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The videos of Charlotte are adorable! What a cute tongue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Newel calls her a giraffe baby, Cindy!

      Delete
  3. All done. ;) I love the little glimpses of real life!

    ReplyDelete