"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, February 14, 2013

fourteen days of love

Our fourteen days of Secret Service was such a hit. The masses have asked to do it again.


Keeping secrets was hard. Everyone started trying to guess. We had to get crafty by soliciting help in ghost writing notes and assisting in tasks so as not to get caught.


Eliza kept her note collection on the side of the fridge and boy, her Secret Agent was vigilant and amazing.

 

Early this morning we had the great reveal over a Valentine breakfast. We all guessed who had our names before the telling. Most everyone had it wrong and the surprise was fun.


As was the presentation of the little Valentine gifts they'd purchased for each other.



The perfect start to a perfect day celebrating the love within our family.

We've really enjoyed this month and there's so much more to write about leading up to this day. However, after getting these guys off to school and leaving notes of love with treats on the counter for their return home, my Valentine and I took a seven-ish hour road trip to Utah for the weekend.

I'm sure these guys are having fun tonight with our good friend who is staying with them.

And I'm certain Newel loved every minute of the drive listening to my constant yammering conversation over all things under the sun.

But I know ... among so many other things making this day pretty darn special ...  I mostly enjoyed our dinner tonight at one of our first date restaurants in our little college town as we relived memory upon memory of the road to where we are now.

A great way to end a great day.

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Valentine's Day.


2 comments:

  1. "Love" this! What sweet pictures of them all rumpled and sleepy. Change of topic....did you make the felt flower pillow? It is too cute! Oh and what is with all your anonymous spam comments all of a sudden! Yuck! Rainman and I had an actual date this year for Valentine's. I think it was our first ever on the actual date. I talked his ear off too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! No, I didn't make the pillow .. if only I were that creative ;) It was a Target find. And ... I have no idea why all the spam all of the sudden but I just know how much I hate trying to leave a comment that requires me to decipher the security code that I could never in a bizzillion years interpret .. so, I guess I'll leave things this way and be a little more vigilant at deletion.

      Glad your Valentine's Day was a good one! I think Newel's ears are still burning and he's probably glad to be back on solid ground :)

      Delete