"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, February 4, 2013

marked by imperfection

I wrote here some thoughts on days made perfect by their imperfections.


This day ... so totally imperfect by it's freezing rain and stormy wind ... happened quite a bit ago. But, it was once again recalled by my children recently, as a favorite memory. 

And then I found these pictures to prove it.


I was reminded that our days don't have to go according to my idea of a well laid out plan to leave the most worthy of impressions. A reminder I have needed of late.

There will always be those when I climb into bed feeling as though my intentions of a "perfect day" went down the tubes, sighing with certainty that no one got anything they needed from me today.

Dinner may run behind, multiple folks may volley for homework help, some may try to escape altogether, baby's may fuss their needs, and loud games may ensue underfoot, frustrations may even flare.

But as their mother ...

If I can just remember to be the calm in the eye of their storm, nothing else will matter to make the days perfect amidst the imperfections.















1 comment: