"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

a birthday, not to be forgotten

While on spring break last week, we celebrated this handsome man's birthday.


He makes my world go around. He thinks I say that lightly but it couldn't be more true. 


... even though he gave up sugar and I had to come up with some sort of sugar free ice cream concoction as a substitute for birthday cake ....


He makes the world of this band of ski weary kids go around, too. He is the life of their party which among other reasons, makes him the life of mine.


Seriously. 

I run for the phone every time it rings hoping for even a brief conversation. My heart skips a beat at his texts. I look forward to his arrival at the end of my day. 

And I find every moment I get to spend beside him that exciting. 


Happiest of Birthdays, Newel. Now I can say you've been mine for more than half a lifetime and I'm the luckiest girl in the world.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Marlowe, I've missed your photos!!
    Happy (belated) birthday to your husband...who gave up sugar, what in the world?
    And holy cow, all of the kids are looking at the camera AND smiling! Now that is a birthday gift!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see couples still in love. :) xo

    ReplyDelete