"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, April 1, 2013

because easter was like ... so yesterday

Except, we do most of our fluffy stuff on Easter Saturday, so really day before yesterday.


This year ... it was our privilege to host cousins. Have I mentioned how excited I am that they moved here to Colorado close to us?



They couldn't be a cuter bunch. My big kids adore their attention.




This one sends his love to Granddaddy via this Clemson egg in honor of my dad's beloved Alma mater. 



They have a squishable baby who is hard not to love to death ... literally.





And a most obedient older son who when asked if he'd like to take home one of our new chicks, smiled sighing that his mother was allergic to all animals and he guessed he'd best not. Trained well ... or brainwashed, I teased ;)


They're a fun bunch.





Can't help but love the sideline spectators.





Following Pied Piper Uncle D around to find those last straggling eggs out of 150, give or take.



The final count.


My dad always said the lawn mower would find in the summer what we hadn't in the spring.




Charlotte and I are apparently of the same mind regarding Easter baskets. I think by Easter, my spring cleaning mode makes me a little less than in love with more gift giving "stuff".


Besides ... the packaging is always more interesting.



But ... when there's dancing and twirling over a trinket or two ... well, it's hard not to get in the spirit of things.



Happy Easter!



1 comment:

  1. Charlotte is getting SO big!!! Wonderful photos :)

    ReplyDelete