"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

spring break 2012

Spring break is prime skiing. I vividly recall being pregnant last year and swallowing discomfort to follow these folks all over the slope on foot.



This year, I had teens wanting to ease into their mornings and willing to hang with little ones, allowing me time to slip off to attempt jumping back into the business after so many years out.



I have a long way to go to catch up with these guys. By the end of the week they were all testing black runs.





I love that aside from a few lessons, Newel has taught all of these little people of mine. It's such a highlight to watch them all race down the hill together.





I couldn't help but get a kick out of the chair lift exit strategy ...









... and Eliza's stories.



When I just couldn't keep up any longer, some girls and I took an ice cream break at the village cafe.







No ski trip is complete without our traditional gondola cruise with gummy snacks.






Never got a picture of Christian ... though he was with us ... he was just off and away every spare moment.





Nothing says spring break relax like turning the master bathroom into a spa.



I'm pretty sure Grant spent the entire week with his pj's on under his ski clothes, not getting out of them once.


Our town home had an in-residence elevator that I could have lived without. Or maybe I just could have lived without the competitive ownership regarding it.

Like it or not our family policeman was dubbed bellhop ;)



Sometimes it's just nice to get away and leave the cares and responsibilities of home and school behind.










2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, can't get over how cute Eliza is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! You guys have the best adventures together!!
    Love the spa pic, and the first one of the mountains is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete